Wednesday 26 October 2016

A Little Bit About Me

Hi everyone!

As I am going to be with you all for the year, I would like to tell you a little bit about me...

My name is Clare McCurdy and I am twenty-three years old. My first languages are English and Irish, so if you want, you can talk to me in one of these ;) In my family there are my parents, me and my two younger brothers. I recently graduated from Queen´s University Belfast where I was studying for four years, some of the best of my life. I think that I would like to use my qualification to be a teacher or to work within the law sector. Or, I would like to continue my education and study a Masters. I have a lot of ideas, but after this year, I hope I will make a decision!

I am from a small town in the north of Ireland called Cushendun. It has a population of only 300 people and is situated on the north-east coast, so we have fantastic views of Scotland on a clear day. Although the village is very quiet, I think that it is one of the most beautiful places on the island. If you were going to visit, I would recommend you to go for a walk by the river and forests, take a picnic and enjoy the views of the sea and mountains. It is a very special experience.  It is also very near to the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Glenariff Waterfall´s which are very popular with tourists. Some parts of the TV series ´Game of Thrones´were filmed in my village and areas near to it, so many people like to visit these places too.

When I have some free time (and money!) I love to travel. This summer I went to the east coast of America where I visited places like New York, Boston, Rhode Island, Washington DC and Philadelphia. For sure, it was one of my favourite trips. For two summers I also did the ´InterRail´, when you travel by train to a lot of countries in Europe. For me, my favourite places in Europe are Berlin and Krakow. I love learning about the history of cities, trying typical food and meeting some interesting people.

I am also a big fan of sports! In Ireland we have two typical sports, Hurling and Gaelic Football. Hurling is like a mix of hockey and lacrosse, while Gaelic football is like a mix of soccer and rugby. They are very popular in the country and everyone supports their home team. Other sports I enjoy are swimming, rugby and football. Just don´t ask me who my favourite football team is...

Well, that´s some information about me. If you have any questions for me about Ireland or myself, please feel free to ask. I´m looking forward to getting to know each other better :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment